HSBC Holdings plc is a British multinational banking and financial services holding company, tracing its origin to a hong in Hong Kong. It is the world’s seventh largest bank by total assets and the largest in Europe with total assets of US$2.374 trillion (as of December 2016). It was established in its present form in London in 1991 by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation to act as a new group holding company.
HSBC has around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories across Africa, Asia, Oceania, Europe, North America and South America, and around 38 million customers. As of 2014, it was the world’s sixth-largest public company, according to a composite measure by Forbes magazine.
Company Website: www.hsbc.com
Positions: System Administrator
Job Location: Hyderabad
Experience: 1+ Years
Salary: Best In Industry
Education: BE/ B.Tech/ B.Sc/ BCA/ MCA
Knowledge & Experience:
- 1+ years of experience in in the Identity Access Management domain and associated technologies
- Ability to understand business processes related to identity management space and relate them with technology components that facilitate these processes.
- Should be well versed with ITIL concepts and more specific understanding of Service operations activities
- Worked in a infrastructure critical environment and understands how technology adds value to thebusiness and ultimately the end customer
- Ability to work effectively as a team player
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Working across cultures
- The primary responsibility of this role is to provide Level2 support for GiAM infrastructure which includes Consolidated Store, Control SA and
- various portals built on Consolidated Store. Work involves incident resolution for GiAM systems, escalation support for Level 1 team in GR or
- direct queries/ issues raised by ISR teams
- Maintain and exceed existing SLA’s and ensure compliance to HSBC policies at all times. Actively participate in achieving organizational
- efficiency objectives and undertake analysis on day-to-day work to drive automation on deliveries thereby reducing repetitive and standardized tasks/processes.