Company: Red hat India Pvt Ltd
About Company :-
Red Hat, Inc. is an American multinational software company providing open-source software products to the enterprise community. Founded in 1993, Red Hat has its corporate headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina, with satellite offices worldwide.
Red Hat has become associated to a large extent with its enterprise operating system Red Hat Enterprise Linux and with the acquisition of open-source enterprise middleware vendor JBoss. Red Hat also offers Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV), an enterprise virtualization product. Red Hat provides storage, operating system platforms, middleware, applications, management products, and support, training, and consulting services.
Company Website: www.redhat.com
Positions: Associate Quality Engineer
Job Type: Full-time
Qualification: BE/ B.Tech
Job Location: Pune
Salary: Best In Industry
The Red Hat Quality Engineering team is looking for an Associate Quality Engineer to join us in Pune, India. In this role, you’ll write clear and accurate bug reports, develop tests using automation infrastructure and available scripting languages, and participate in open source community testing efforts. You will also accurately report testing status. We’ll need you to have a good understanding of testing and product release processes.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Develop automated tests in accordance with department policies and process
- Develop test plans and strategies
- Participate in and contribute to weekly team meetings
- Carry out tests and analyze failures
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training in IT or computer science, or combination of education and experience
- Understanding and experience with test design and coding
- Experience building and maintaining test environments and automating data-based test suites
- Experience with Linux or UNIX commands and system usage; Linux or UNIX system administration experience
- Good understanding of technologies like LDAP, Kerberos, DNS, PKI, and networking
- Ability to provide and maintain virtual machines
- Programming experience using Bash, Shell, or Python
- Experience with open source software development methodologies is a plus