Verizon Off Campus Drive|0 – 10 Years|Software Engineer|Hyderabad|March 20
Company: Verizon Data Services India Pvt Ltd
Verizon has inherited an illustrious tradition of Innovation from its past. Formed out of a merger by the GTE and Bell Atlantic companies and with a lineage starting from the Bell Telephone company started by Alexander Graham Bell in 1877, brand Verizon came into existence in 2000. Verizon operates America’s largest 4G LTE network and most reliable 3G network.
Verizon Wireless operates America’s most reliable wireless network, serving 102 million customer connections across the US. We also provide converged communications, information and entertainment services over America’s most advanced fiber-optic network, and deliver integrated business solutions to customers in more than 150 countries.
Company Website: www.verizon.com
Positions: Software Engineer
Qualification: BE/ B.Tech/ B.Sc/ BCA – Computers
Experience: 0 – 10 Years
Salary: Best In Industry
Job Location: Hyderabad
Storage Front Line Support (FLS) is a 24*7 support from VDSI. The team supports EMC,HDS and NetApp for first and second level support. The team is involved in Crisis Management Bridge to handle escalations. Other than the FLS activities the team handles the storage tech refresh which involves migration, decommissions and backup activities for EMC,HDS and NetApp storage devices.
- The candidate is expected to work in 24*7 shifts.
- Proficient in Storage administration and migrations –Proficient in EMC & DMX/VMAx.
- Proficient in HDS(USP and VMAX).
- Proficient in NetApp storage (Vseries and FAS).
- Proficient in communication to handle crisis calls.
- Experience in working shifts.
- Basic knowledge in Operating Systems Intel/UNIX/LINUX/Solaris.
- Basic knowledge in Backup (Netbackup /TSM) procedures.